I have spent more time in malls these past few weeks than I would care to admit. The sad fact of the matter is that I'm a retail designer who kind of hates shopping in retail- the parking lots, crowds, and often messy, disorganized and uninspiring store experiences have pushed me more and more to shopping online. Despite my distaste for malls, my indoor shopping adventures have provided me with loads of inspiration for upcoming spring styles. With warm temperatures and sunny days in sight I thought it would be fun to share some of the styles and trends I've seen coming out of retailers right now.
Blush is the color for spring!
Pretty pinks, blushes, and light mauve tones are showing up this spring on everything from pants and blazers to jewelry and handbags. These styles are fresh, feminine and look great on most every skin tone.
- Cropped pants in drapey silhouettes like these from Vince Camuto are a comfortable and chic way to bring blush tones into your wardrobe. Effortlessly chic!
- For those cool spring days throw on a tailored pink blazer like this one from ASOS.
- Afraid to dive into this color trend? Try out a funky pair of pink and mauve earrings like these from J. Crew.
- Add a pretty pink and mint colored bracelet to your outfit for an instantly fresh and feminine look.
- Structured yet sleek, this bold petal pink skirt from J.Crew would be a great addition to your spring wardrobe!
SPRING STYLE ESSENTIAL: THE JOGGER PANT
Without exaggeration I saw the jogger pant style being sold at just about every retailer. And for good reason! This sporty silhouette is so comfortable and depending on the fabric and tailoring can be worn everywhere from the office to your local bar! These drapey pants are anything but slouchy and seriously look good on everyone! Get a pair immediately!!
- For a more work-appropriate pair of athletic-inspired pants look to these perfectly cut pair from The Limited. The fit of these pants are amazing and they fall perfectly from the waist.
- Add some pattern to your outfit with a fun pair of tapered joggers like these from Anthropologie.
- For a more sporty, causal look, I lovethese chambray joggers by Jack by BB Dakota. Pair with heels for a night out or sneakers for a casual weekend style!
THE BOLD AND THE GRAPHIC.
Another trend I saw a lot of in stores were bold black and white graphic prints and stripes along with tees with quirky sayings and pretty patterns. These are great, high impact pieces that will transition well from season to season.
- Kimono's and long, loose cardigans are still very popular styles and this pretty floral kimono from ASOS is the perfect piece to bring instant style and drama to your outfit.
- Grid patterns and windowpane designs are showing up everywhere for spring- from decorative objects for the home to wardrobe essentials like this sleek and sophisticated pencil skirt from Express.
- This simple striped drop-waist dress from Loft could easily become a spring-wardrobe staple. Dress it up with a blazer and heel or keep it simple with sneakers as shown.
- Let your outfit do the talking for you this spring with cleverly designed typographic tees and tanks like this super cute one from Luciana (a Columbus designer!)
- Nothing says spring like a great floral print and this pretty graphic floral top from J.Crew adds easy and effortless style to you outfit!
What looks are you loving for spring??