Fall is just around the corner whether I have accepted it or not, and in typical fashion the only way I begin to get excited for the seasons changing is with changing up my wardrobe! One of the best things about transitioning from summer to fall is being able to add a few more layers to your look without sweating through every last piece. There are a few staples that are always found in my closet including a blazer, pencil skirt, and a few hats that immediately go back into rotation when the temperatures change, but there are a few new pieces that are making me a bit giddy. Check out some of my favorite pieces below that I honestly can't decide which to buy... ideally I want all of them but like most everyone you can only add a few pieces for each season so choose wisely!
- I am a sucker for a black blazer, in fact I may have 4 or 5 of them, but this one has a great slouchy fit with just the right amount of detail that you could dress up any pair of jeans or jean shorts for an evening out in the cool temps.
- Typically when I see a boucle fabric I think of fall/winter fashion, but sometimes a jacket is just too much. The cut and fabric mixed together in this crop top make for a great piece that can easily transition from summer to fall where the weather just can't decide what it wants. It would work great with the leather skirt!
- Shoes may be the hardest thing about transitioning between seasons. It isn't quite chilly enough to throw on the boots, but your toes get cold with sandals. These flats don't cover up too much, are comfortable and are out of suede!
- The most perfect fall layering piece is a cape! It not only makes a fabulous fashion statement, but will take off just the edge of a crisp morning on the way to work. This one has some great detailing too with a little bit of leather trim!
- One of the most versatile pieces on the list. A long pencil skirt in leather can carry you through so many looks and seasons. Add the crop top, a chiffon button up, a big sweater - any style you go with will look fabulous and right on trend.
- I am dying to add these heels to my collection! Not only is there beautiful gold metal detailing, but with a heel like that you can wear them for hours and they would work great with tights or bare legged!
- A burnt orange/red wool waistcoat screams fall. Again this would work great with layering long sleeves underneath and a pair of leggings or jeans. Overall make sure the other pieces stay pretty neutral and simple and throw on a big statement necklace to seal the deal!
- A sweater/cape this may be a bit more tricky to wear, but would be great for later when you just need something cozy, but also would be equally cute with a pair of jean shorts and flats, a pencil skirt or just a pair of jeans. In other words, don't be scare, go for it!
- You can't embrace fall without a fedora, its basically impossible! One of my favorite things to wear is a sweater, a pair of shorts and fedora for a lazy Sunday afternoon. The whole ensemble feels a bit more pulled together even though the probability of me having dirty hair underneath is pretty high! Either way... get the fedora!
- Last but not least, this season calls for a bit of fringe and a throw back to the 90's. This little crossbody isn't too expensive, but is right on trend so its a great way to incorporate fringe without spending a small fortune.
Most any of these pieces above would work really well together or with things that you have at home. Just remember that when you start to layer that it is all about mixing proportions, color, texture and weight. Don't get overwhelmed, but just start with a couple of pieces and go from there. It really is the only reason I am getting slightly excited about fall! What are some of your favorite layering pieces that you have to have for transitioning from season to season?