With the general chaos and gluttony of the holiday season now passed, it’s time to start putting into action those New Year’s resolutions you planned while helping yourself to another slice of pie! Like spring-cleaning for the soul, the New Year grants us the opportunity to eschew bad habits like Netflix binge watching and late night bowls of ice cream in favor of gym memberships and juice cleanses. A new year, a new, better, healthier you. While self-improvement certainly doesn’t need to have a start date, the holiday break provides the perfect time to pause and reflect on all that you accomplished in 2015 and to start planning for 2016. What adventures are in your future? What bad habits are you willing to break?
Amanda and I both enjoyed our time off these past weeks to reconnect with our families and friends and celebrate the gifts of the holiday season. While it’s back to work for both of us this week, we’re looking forward to the New Year to try new things, visit new places, and challenge ourselves to be our absolute best. Here’s what we’ve resolved to accomplish this year:
- Get fit! While Amanda has the whole fitness thing down pat (she ran a marathon this year!), she is still striving for amazing arms and is planning on making 2016 the year of the perfectly toned triceps. I’m in desperate need of just getting in shape and am going to challenge myself to another 5k this year. Baby steps…
- We both want to travel somewhere new this year- whether it be stateside or abroad. We love trying new things and seeing new places! Bring on the adventure!
- Now with a little over a year into the blog, we’ve learned so much and met some really interesting people through Mishaps & Mimosas. There is still a lot we’d like to accomplish with the blog though, including increased connections with more readers like you and other local bloggers.
- Last year Amanda and I learned some new skills, including Calligraphy (check out what we learned here.) This year we’d also like to try our hand at another new form of art– we’re thinking maybe pottery classes?
- With 30 quickly approaching (yikes!), I’m hoping to push myself this year to learn a new language.
- Finally we’d both like to make an extra effort this year to staying in touch with the ones we love - via hand written notes, quick trips, emails or a cup of coffee.
These are challenging and exciting goals for us and we're ready to bring on the New Year!
Cheers to a fabulous, fun-filled 2016!
- a. & c.