Now that it is officially summer and temperatures continue to be in the 90's, all I want to do is be surrounded by water and sunshine and there is no better place than a lake in Ohio. A lake "party" is probably the easiest, stress free parties you will ever attend or throw - it simply involves food, a few drinks and a boat with floats. If you have all the typical boat gear, it doesn't take much to pack up for a day at the lake. From a few years of experience, I have pulled together my must have's for a day filled with laughter and fun and it only includes 7 items! Check them out below, you don't want to miss the rainbow unicorn!
Don't worry, none of the items listed are below will make or break a day at the lake, but I highly recommend them!
- A day full of sunshine begs to have a playful pair of sunnies. I prefer plastic to metal on the boat, they seem to be a bit more resilient and water just rolls right off. These ones from Frameri have the classic look of tortoise mixed with a touch of salmon along those rosy cheeks.
- I love a good Fedora hat in the summer, and after years in the sun and travel it was time for a replacement. I found open-weave fedora at J.Crew Mercantile on a whim and for $18.00 you can't beat it!
- Sunscreen is a must weather you are fair or naturally tan, a day in the sun requires a couple applications of sunscreen. For years, I have used the Neutrogena Light Weight Cream to protect from the sun and reduce acne. I recently tried out the CVS Clear Spray and loved it. I still recommend Neutrogena for your face, but the ease and coverage of the spray was amazing!
- Who can resist this amazing Rainbow Unicorn Float? It just begs to be lounged on with a refreshing drink in hand. These playful floats have become pretty big this year, and it will add just a little bit of quirky fun to any lake party!
- To keep your drink cold while lounging I highly recommend these cute coozies that say exactly what you are feeling - "best day EVER!"
- Some boats come with speakers, but if you typically hang out on a slightly older boat you may not be so lucky. This little mobile speaker lasts up to 10 hours on batteries, connects with bluetooth to multiple devices and is okay if it gets splashed by water a few times. It really is the perfect solution for a day on the lake.
- And for when the day finally comes to an end and you feel like you can't move another muscle, these soft striped 100% Turkish beach towels are perfect to dry off with before heading home to crash.
So here is to the weekend filled with lots of sunshine and hopefully a bit of lake time! Hope everyone has a good time.